REALTOR Broker RB-21341
Keller Williams Realty Maui
285 W. Kaahumanu Avenue
Kahului, Maui, Hawaii 96732
My Real Estate Career
In late 2005, my husband and I had the opportunity to leave our high-tech careers in Silicon Valley and move to Maui. With my passion for working with people, my background in design and architecture and my belief that real estate is a great investment, I selected real estate as my next career.
I’ve been a homeowner for over 30 years and have purchased and occupied 3 homes. I received my real estate license from the State of Hawaii in January of 2007. In 2013, I became a Real Estate Broker. I continue with expanded training so that I can provide my clients with the service and care they deserve:
- Hawaii Real Estate Broker
- Seller Representative Specialist (SRS)
- Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS)
- Certified Ninja Agent
- 1031 Exchanges
I’ve had more than 25 years of experience in technology, including 15 years in management.
Some positions include:
- Senior Manager at Adobe Systems
- Director of Engineering at SuccessFactors
- Director of Engineering at Dialog and
- Senior Manager and Chief Software Engineer at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Space
Why did I leave my high tech career? I got tired of pushing people (and myself) to do what was good for the company instead of what was good for them. After 25 years, it was time to reinvent myself and do something new.
Education and Training
- B.S. Computer Science from the University of Minnesota
- 20+ credits training in architecture, landscape, and interior design at West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
- Maui Master Gardener training
- Extensive leadership training in project management, communications, personality styles, strategic planning, and negotiations.
I’ve been married for over 25 years to Peter Liu , who also left a 25-year career in Silicon Valley, and now owns 47scapes, a managed WordPress hosting and web development company (where this site is hosted.) We share our home with two feline trouble makers. I am active in the Maui community volunteering for the Hawaiian Humpback National Marine Sanctuary and serving as Executive Director for Grow Some Good.